TrainerBase, the discussion forum for freelance and employed trainers and technical instructors, providing help with your career.
TrainerBase - helping trainers find business and business find trainers
Welcome, Login
21/09/2014

Discuss

Welcome to the TrainerBase Open Discussion Forum.

This page provides the opportunity (subject to permission being granted) for registered users of the TrainerBase to post messages for help, advice and general dialogue. Users are reminded not to post messages that are or may be perceived to be recruitment ads. The Opportunities section is where these can be posted for free. Also this forum is not the place for technical support or service queries. These should be made direct to info[at]trainerbase.co.uk

Do remember that this forum is visible to all visitors to the site. If you need to discuss something in private; you need to be a member of the TrainerBase and post messages in the Members' Forum. Messages posted on this forum are automatically tweeted. Click to

- Viewing thread: Membership survey encouraging,
- Return to Forum.

Message 1 of 7: Peter Mayes on 27/07/2012
Hi all

A recent membership survey has reported some encouraging results.

Over 80% of members use TB for applying for opportunities.

Over 75% of members say TB is fulfilling their objectives.

Most say that TB should figure out how to get more opportunities on the site.

So next question to the membership will be 'any ideas how' over and above my endeavours?

Onwards and upwards.

Peter
AKA Ed
Founder and Editor of TrainerBase
If here was once there where is there now?

(To Post a reply, you must be a registered user with forum permissions.)

Return to Top ^
Message 2 of 7: Kathey Bailey on 27/07/2012
Good news about the encouraging survey results, Peter.

Regarding more opportunities, one of the most depressing phrases that I hear when I contact councils is along the lines of "Oh we've just commissioned someone for those skills - we advertised it on..." and this is followed by a wide variety of places including their own website, an area portal, or some other more obscure place.

As a freelance trainer there is no way that I can keep up with all of these sites (even if I knew what they all are) - is this an area you could pick up?

Return to Top ^
Message 3 of 7: Peter Mayes on 27/07/2012
Kathey

Thanks for the comments.

Yes, the data harvester that we have just about sorted out is set to go to some of these sites. The current harvest is over 6,000 opportunities of all sorts in the past 7 months, of which I have only published the training ones; which are a bit thin on the ground. It's a case of finding out what the other sites are and how they publish contracts.

We harvest from a dozen or more of the most popular and have another dozen or so ready for including (subject to costs). I would like to know about any other sites that regularly have any sort of tenders put up; particularly if they are large private sector.

Anyone got any site they could let me know about I will look into adding them to the list. TrainerBase can then be the 'aggregator' and filter out all the non training related.

Regards.

Peter
AKA Ed

Return to Top ^
Message 4 of 7: Kathey Bailey on 28/07/2012
I'll let you know any that I come across, Peter - you may have them already, but it's worth double-checking.
- Kathey

Return to Top ^
Message 5 of 7: Charlotte Mannion on 28/07/2012
Skillfair do well offering opportunities. Maybe we cou
D learn from them

Return to Top ^
Message 6 of 7: Peter Mayes on 28/07/2012
Hi all

Thanks for the comments. I had some insight into Skillfair when Gill was running it. Its now with a trade body and I understand they have 'staff' who scour sites for opportunities. Using software to do this I hope will be one answer; the other is the personal assistance from me in helping business find trainers (we are getting more calls into the office wanting assistance).

So any purchasers of training wanting free help with finding a training provider RING ME:)

Peter
AKA Ed

Return to Top ^
Message 7 of 7: Kathey Bailey on 30/07/2012
I presume you already have the big ones like bluelight and SE Business portal?

Return to Top ^
Return to Forum | Show Selected Message Only

Post a Reply (Existing Members)

Username: - Your email address
Password: - Forgotten your password?
  Remember me:

>> Join TrainerBase

The messages posted here are the views of the individuals concerned and do not represent the views of TrainerBase. The TrainerBase cannot be held responsible for any misrepresentations made on this forum. The TrainerBase welcomes correspondence from individuals who have concerns regarding the content of messages posted and will, when notified, take measures to investigate and resolve any issues.

The above forum is permissions based. Members taking out a subscription after 01/01/2012 are eligible for permission (please email if you have not been granted). A user (non member) wishing to take part in discussion and dialogue (gain contributor permission) requires the sponsorship of one or more of the existing contributors. Gaining sponsorship does not guarantee permission. The decision as to whether to award permission rests with the operators of TrainerBase; TrainerBase Ltd. To enquire about permission to contribute to this forum please email info[at]trainerbase.co.uk

Messages posted on this forum are automatically tweeted. Click to